The past year has been a “Perfect Storm” of doom and gloom greatly
affecting the housing industry to historic proportions. The stock
market has been hit hard, mortgage financing has been completely
revamped, unemployment is up and many “old guard” businesses are
closing their doors. You may be asking yourself, what now?”
Unbelievably, there is a silver lining in this mess. The “Perfect
Storm” has created a once in a lifetime home building opportunity
based on the following:
- Builders are selling their homes for lower margins than they were a year ago.
- Suppliers are selling their materials to builders for less than they were a year ago.
- Trades are providing the same labor, cheaper than they were a year ago.
- Builders have pulled out all the stops to find more ways to improve and save on construction costs vs. a year ago
- Interest rates are at their lowest point since WWII.
Experts predict that the housing market is at our near a bottom, and as prices adjust back up it is very possible for the same house to cost 10-20% more and the interest rate to be back at 6%, or higher, in a year.
- Housing starts were up 22% in February, the largest increase since 1990
- Existing home sales rose at their fastest pace in 6 years in February 2009.
- May housing starts jumy by 17.2% – largest amount in 3 months
- June home sales rise by 11%, the largest amount in 9 months
- July new home sales up 9.6%
At Anderson-Jenkins Signature Homes we realize we must build a better
home and then sell it for a better price than the guy across the
street to earn your business. You will not find a company more
passionate about what we do. You will not find a company more
dedicated to delivering the best possible home at the best possible
value. You will not find two owners that will be as hands on during
every aspect of the construction process as Shayne Anderson and Jeff
We hope you have found the above information informative and exciting.
Can we build one for you?